The year gives you:
- A solid foundation of faith
- Help to find out how to live according to God’s plan for your life
- Basic teaching that equips and prepares you no matter what you do in life
- Ministry hours that will allow you to put into practice what you learn in school during the teachings
The teaching is vibrant, aiming to assist personal growth as well as equipping the students for ministry within missions, churches and Christian organisations.
The subjects in the BM-year are the following*:
Bible subject 1
Missions and evangelization
Religion, society and ethics
* The subjects cover numerous specialisation areas with a total of 1000 hours
“Anyone who listens to my teaching and follows it is wise, like a person who builds a house on solid rock.”
TBBMI has a strong missions profile, and we emphasise practicing what you learn. During the 1st year you will therefore have mandatory practice 8 hours each week, in addition to a mission trip and participation in several conferences.
The goal with the practice is that you may go deeper into the different tasks within missions, evangelism and/or church ministry. You will experience how theory and practice go hand in hand, and your gifts and skills will develop throughout the school year.
At TBBMI we want to see you as a student find your running path. During the 1st year we therefore offer several individual student talks with a mentor. We believe that discipling happens in relationships, and that you can grow in your relationship with God when you have the chance to ask your personal questions, share your dreams and experiences with one of our experienced teachers. Your mentor will also help you with, and encourage you in strengthening your personal faith life.